On this episode of The Foodpreneur, we’re talking world travel, ayurveda and a vision built around nutrition with Constantin Bisanz, founder of Aloha. Constantin’s journey takes us around the world from Austria to India to Hawaii and New York City, all in search of meaning, purpose and healthy living!
Episode 25: Aloha w/ Constantin Bisanz
Time Stamped Show Notes
- [1:11] — Constantin grew up on the countryside of Austria where he was exposed to farm fresh food at a young age. Constantin spent much of his time traveling to exotic places like India and Hawaii.
- [2:23] — Constantin came to the United States 5 years ago after a trip that took him around the world as he ventured out to learn different philosophies revolving health and wellness, meditation and mindfulness.
- [4:17] — Constantin was able to sell his last company and leave Berlin. After his trip, he ended up in New York.
- [7:22] – “Our goal is to create a brand that allows people to live healthier.”
- [8:47] — After feeling betrayed by many “health food” brands that weren’t actually healthy, Constantin worked with a few high profiles doctors, nutritionists and food coaches to optimize his health.
- [13:45] — “Alo” means sharing, “ha” means the breath of life.
- [17:09] — Constantin wanted to make sure that his product was available in “mass market” and not only in niche, “foofy,” health food stores were access to his product could be restricted.
- [20:32] — Constantin believes that sustainability should be the standard for all food brands.
- [23:35] — Constantin’s company will always have exclusively plant-based products.
- [24:21] — Constantin’s driving factor and favorite part of running his business is teaching and allowing unhealthy people that it isn’t so hard to live a healthier lifestyle.
- [26:12] — Constantin takes on Elan in the Pressure Cooker Round.